Monday, January 24, 2011

My BART Internship Experience - Jessica Chang



     

Name: Jessica Chang
School: UC Berkeley
Major: Business Administration & Education minor
Year: Sophomore


Why I want to work at BART:
BART takes me places. BART took me places throughout my life, growing up in San Francisco and it continues to take me places now as I go to school in Berkeley. Hence, I was thrilled by the opportunity to work here. As a public transit agency that serves 335,000 passengers a day, BART has high standards to meet and maintain. What I find most impressive about the agency is how it serves Bay Area residents of so many diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. It takes a lot of hard work and talent to reach out to such a wide span of different people but BART Communications has always been a leader in doing so. 

My experience working at BART:
Since I started my internship, I have learned so much about the complex processes and projects that employees work on everyday to ensure that BART riders are safe and satisfied. I am so thankful I get to work with these friendly people and learn from their experience and knowledge. Each time I come to work, I get to choose from numerous different projects and I have the option to work independently or alongside my fellow interns. What I enjoy most, however, is how I am constantly challenged to work hard to surpass my goals. BART Communications continually gives me opportunities to accomplish great things and I encourage all students interested in gaining experience to apply for an internship at BART 


                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment